I've come across a couple of good salsa recipes lately and wanted to share them with you. One is from our local farmers' market, and one is from Lindsay (by way of Gino's family;)). Either one is fantastic by itself, as a side dish to grilled chicken, or in a burrito/taco.
Purple Tomatillo Salsa
1 jalapeno, stemmed and seeded
1 chile de arbol, stemmed and seeded
2 cloves garlic, peeled
15 tomatillos, washed and chopped [we used purple instead of green]
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime, juiced
- Toast peppers, garlic and tomatillos in hot dry pan over medium heat, turning for 15 mins
-Place in blender or food processor until blended, but chunky. About 10 seconds.
- Pour into bowl, add lime, scallions, oregano and cilantro. Add salt to taste.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, then enjoy!
*Next time I'm going to leave out or lessen the oregano..I didn't really care for the taste, though Kev loved it.
*I didn't know if "lime, juiced" meant to use the lime juice or limes without juice. I used the juice.
*OMG! Wear gloves when chopping peppers! I had spicy hand for hooooours until I read online to soak my hand in vinegar. And by all means do not touch your eye! Oh, and don't use poison ivy as toilet paper while camping;)
Lindsay's Amazing Salsa
1 red onion, sliced thinly
1 white onion, sliced thinly
A few scallions, sliced thinly
1 can El Pato sauce (little yellow can, maybe hard to find, it's tomato sauce with jalapeno)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I prefer petite diced, Kev likes regular diced)
Chopped fresh cilantro
Black pepper
Red pepper
Lemon pepper
Lime juice
-Mix it all up. Yummy.
Guacamole
Mush up an avocado, add a spoonful or two of Lindsay's Amazing Salsa. Yummmmm!
8.17.2008
Salsa!
Posted by Liz at 8/17/2008 10:23:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I hope you make these yummy dishes the next time we're together. Looks delicious!!
Post a Comment